This Queen Anne style home features Georgian Revival characteristics. It was built in 1910, and is named the "Clarkson House". Harry Clarkson was the owner of the Clarkson Hardware Company, which opened in 1917 and was located on South Magnolia Avenue. Today the Marion Theatre resides on that site.
During the 1940's and 1950's this home served as the Ocala Elks lodge. It was then bought by the City of Ocala and named Kats Korner, which was a place for high school students to socialize. During the end of the 20th century a hair salon, and a restaurant occupied the site.
Below are photographs including a bill of sale for the property dated 1912, a photo of the interior of the Clarkson Hardware Company, and Harry Clarkson standing in front of the residence. The adverrtisement for the hardware store is dated 1920.