This American Foursquare style of home was built in 1909. It is named the "Gamsby House". Louise E. Gamsby served as Ocala's first librarian in the Carnegie library from 1916 until 1951. After retirement she continued to volunteer her time at the library.
Below is a postcard of Ocala's Carnegie library which was located on East Silver Springs Boulevard. Miss Gamsby is buried in Ocala's Greenwood Cemetery. She died in 1960.