The Marion Block building was constructed in 1885 by D.C. Wharton Smith of Philadelphia. The third floor originally contained the Marion Opera House which had seating for 800 people. The first floor contained the Court Pharmacy drugstore. Today at the entrance the word "Drug Co" still appears in the mosaic tile. The building contains the oldest elevator in Ocala. Currently offices occupy the second and third floors.
Currently the block is home to Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille.
This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.
Below are a few additional photographs, including the upper floors interior. The first photo below is a 1910 postcard picturing the Marion Block building on the right.
The second photo is of an advertisement dated 1921 for the Court Pharmacy which was located on the first floor.